Thursday, June 10, 2010

Steve Jobs Conquers the World

 Apple has slowly grown to become a major force in the computing world. With over 100 million iPods  and close to 40 millions iPhones sold (sure to increase when iPhone 4 is released) Apple is dominating their market. The company posted revenue of  $9.87 billion last year. This has made me wonder if Apple is out selling its competitors to the point that they believe they can charge whatever they want because they know consumers will buy it. Don't get me wrong the iPhone is amazing and still the standard for mobile phones, but there are other smart phones that make great alternatives for half the cost.
 What warrants the price tag? Thousands of apps that you won't use? (most aren't that useful anyway) A slick touch screen? iTunes? Do you really need a camera on an iPod?  Or is it being able to boast that you have the latest iPhone? To me the Blackberry has always been the more practical and useful solution to the iPhone. Does the iPad do anything a laptop can't, or does it just cash in on the Apple hype? I always try to determine what I need as opposed to what I want when buying an item. That way I don't end up paying $600 for a phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment